The British Invasion VI : Cannes
The British Invasion is back this Spring in Cannes with an extraordinary lineup. New and professional talents from the UK’s comedy scene are coming to Cannes with new jokes for the seventh round of the British Invasion. Missing the English sense of humour? Come to Ma Nolan’s Cannes on Friday 27 th of April @ 8.30 pm. If you don’t come to comedy, comedy will come to you. Tickets €10 in advance /
For this 7th edition, we are welcoming:
– BEN CARTER is the promoter of GOT HAM? Comedy, the UK’s favourite non-Batman based comedy night. He gigged in New York and was semi-finalist of South coast comedian of the year 2015 and So you think You’re funny 2016. Ben has been performing for 4 years a surreal musical comedy.
– DARRAN GRIFFITHS is a stand-up comedian, radio host and podcaster. Darran is an all-around entertainer who is a blend of Jamaican confidence and Essex irreverance and he is the winner of several comedy awards.
– ALEX MARTINI is a London-based crazy Italian stand-up comedian and like all Italians, he’s mad about food & drinks and all the other things the Brits are not good at! In comedy since 2012, Alex is now the most experienced MC of the London open-mic circuit, as well as performing around the UK (gone pro since 2014).
– VANESSA MARCIE, French by birth, English by humour, is globe-trotting standup comedian who has performed at the
Edinburgh Fringe Festival, in Singapore, San Francisco and Tel Aviv in addition to her regular gigs in London,
Cambridge and Cannes.
– LYNN RUTH MILLER started doing comedy on stage when she was 70 years old. She was dubbed the new Joan Rivers of Fringe Comedy at The Edinburgh International Fringe.
Now 84, she has accumulated numerous awards and is the oldest performing female stand up comedian in the UK. Those who are older can no longer stand up.
– KIERAN HEARTY is a new act from Oxfordshire. What he lacks in experience, he makes up for in age. In 2018, he will be talking about the surprise news about his ‘Korean’ heritage (a shock because his parents are Irish) He will also discuss his bacon addiction; his personal journey ‘from world-class altar-boy’ to atheist; being a committed hypochondriac, and the shock of not being young anymore. Surprisingly, he delivers his material with enthusiasm; energy; and dare we say zest?
– MAGGIE KOWALSKI Born in Poland and raised in North London Maggie Kowalski offers an array of perspectives in her stand-up. Polished one-liners and punchy stories merge seamlessly to form a sharp social narrative, with at times surreal elements, but she never leaves you waiting long for the next belly laugh. Light and airy delivery of heavy hitting material have made Maggie Kowalski a comedic force to be reckoned with.